Friday, February 10, 2012

Hike No. 6 - A Walk with Tanner

February 6, 2012
1.2 Miles

OK, calling a 1.2 mile dog walk a hike may be stretching it, but we both enjoyed the outing, and returned relaxed and refreshed. That's what it's all about.

It was a gray day, portending the rain that came a few hours later. I had a goal in mind, which was to bring home an image I could play with in my new software toy, Nik Color Efex 4. This software consists of a long list of filters, which can make strong changes to images. You can use them to enhance an image within whatever you consider "traditional" photography, or you can go all out, and create images only seen in your mind's eye.

As you can see, with this one I went all out. What I like about the program is that it loosens up my vision, getting me out of the Ansel Adams and David Muench modes that I hold so dear.

What the camera saw ...

... and what the mind's eye saw - with a little help from Nik.

No comments:

Post a Comment